Buy a satellite phone from EPIRBhire with confidence. Satellite phones are an excellent communication tool when you’re out of normal mobile GSM range, not just for voice calls, but text and possibly low bandwidth data. EPIRBhire offer services through all three key satellite service providers available in Australia; Iridium, Thuraya and Inmarsat.
Quality, Knowledge, and Experience
EPIRBhire stocks new satellite phone handsets from Inmarsat, Iridium, and Thuraya. Renting satellite phone for over 16 years our hands-on knowledge of satellite phones is unsurpassed. We have thousands of happy customers who know that we can tell you exactly what you can expect from either purchasing or renting any satellite phone. We have a wide range of accessories such as car kits, external antennas, and more.
Try before you buy!
With EPIRBhire you can hire a phone before you commit to a purchase.
On a budget?
To keep our hire fleet sparkling, we are constantly selling our rental stock before it starts looking old. You can pick up a good deal with the confidence of a warranty and our 24/7 support. We can organise the best phone and right call plan for your needs.
Satellite Phones – Know the Limits
It’s important to know the limitations of your satellite phone. Though this technologically is very good, and very reliable, some important points to bear in mind:
- They transmit to satellites that are either travelling at 26,000kph or are over 35,000km away.
- If they cannot clearly see the satellite they don’t work. i.e. they do not work inside a house, car or caravan.
- The three different satellite systems available in Australia all have their good points and not so good points, there will always be a compromise when choosing, including the buy price, call plan, reception and features.
- The call quality is variable; if you fully understand how to use your particular handset it will make a huge difference. Don’t expect to have a service similar to your mobile. EPIRBhire goes to great lengths to teach our clients how to get the best out of each handset.
- Calls are not that expensive – there are many different call plan options.
Current Satellite Phone Pricing
New Phones (incl. 12 month warranty)
- IsatPhone2 $1,100
- Thuraya SatSleeve Hotspot or Satsleeve Plus – $900
- Thuraya XT Lite $850
- Iridium 9575 – $1,950
- Iridium 9555 – $1,650
- Iridium GO! – $1,350
- Iridium 9555 – $995 (6 months warranty)
- Thuraya XT-Lite – $710 (12 months warranty)
- Inmarsat Isatphone2 – $795 (6 months warranty)
- Inmarsat Isatphone Pro – $450 (6 months warranty)
- Inmarsat broadband Nera/WorldPro 100 BGAN – $450 (6 months warranty, you will need a Pivotel call plan at $5 per Mb)
All new and ex-hire pricing includes the SIM, appropriate phone chargers, a protective hard case, GST, delivery and our exclusive 24/7 support for the life of the phone. We can also organise the right call plan for your needs.
Inmarsat and Iridium Pre-Paid Credit top up also available.
Post Paid accounts have a local Australian mobile number making inbound communications an affordable solution for regular contact.
For more information or to make a purchase, call us on 02 4997 8183 or 0415 263 750.
We operate 24/7 for critical support and we extend this service to prospective clients who prefer to chat after hours. Just not too late.
What Makes Us Stand Out?
- We are available 24/7. This means whenever you need help with your satellite communication devices, we are available, you will speak to us directly, not a call centre.
- We have over 7,500 very satisfied clients. We will tell you exactly what you can expect with a satellite phone, which is often a little different from what the glossy brochure may tell you.
- We have hired satellite phones to thousands of different clients going to different locations around Australia and the globe, our experience and depth of knowledge is refined and highly regarded.
- There are currently 3 quality satellite systems available in Australia. We can tell you which brands work best and where and why.
- With EPIRBhire you can try or hire before you commit to a purchase.
- We have a large hire fleet so we will have you covered.
- We can top up your satellite pre-paid credit quickly at the right price.
- Our service is very fast – if you have a problem with your phone or need a spare we can typically send you another phone within 24 hours.
- EPIRBhire’s prices for sale and rental are highly competitive and our service unmatched