Peter and Caroline Davidson started EPIRBhire in 2002. Since then, the team has grown to include another five, full and part time crew members, providing a true 24/7 support service for satellite phone and safety beacon hire throughout Australia. We have hired phones to clients on more than 7,500 occasions.
This experience means we can tell you exactly what you can expect from your satellite phone, whether you purchase or hire.
EPIRBhire was awarded the contract to supply Satphones, PLBs and Trackers for the ABS 2016 Census.
EPIRBhire is the main supplier of safety equipment for the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race since 2002 with over 4,500 beacons used to date.
We’ve had 29 people rescued by activating their PLB – four of them would not have survived.
Supporting Local Adventurers and Community Groups
EPIRBhire is a proud supporter of various charities, community groups and adventurers in Australia. Our satellite phones and safety beacons keep them safe in the often dangerous isolation of this great country.
- Adventurers Chris Bray and Clark Carter.
- EPIRBhire and been a proud supporter of Chris Bray for almost 10 years. In this time, Chris has established himself as one of Australia’s finest young adventurers and now an accomplished photographer hosting fantastic photography courses/safaris.
- Back in July 2005 Chris Bray and Clark Carter, plunged deep inside the Arctic Circle to do what no one ever had – travel unsupported across Victoria Island, the world’s ninth largest and largely unexplored island. Their route, from the most Easterly tip of the island to the most Westerly, would take them past approximately 1,000km of incredibly varied terrain – in 2008 they did it again.
- Scott Orchard and Run for Reclink
- We supported Scott Orchard in his 11day, 766 km run from Canberra to Melbourne.
- The BASEClimb3 team Dr Glenn Singleman and Heather Swan
- When jumping out of planes with a regular parachute just isn’t enough (these guys are wild!)
- Mulithull Sailor Bruce Arms
- Bruce Arms won the last two Solo Trans Tasman Races back to back with “Big Wave Rider”. Bruce has just become the first to sail non-stop single-handed around Australia.
- Adventurer Louis-Philippe Loncke
- This Belgian adventurer has spent more time than most exploring and documenting Australia’s harsh and beautiful outback, and our tech has helped to keep him safe.
Get in Touch
call us today on 0415 263 750.
I engaged Peter and his team at EPIRB Hire to supply the satellite communications I needed for my tours along the Kokoda Track. I very much appreciated their prompt response to my emails/phone calls and honest assessment of what I needed for my activities. Highly recommend. Travis Hocart - Director - Kokoda Crossing
The team at EPIRB were extremely helpful in organising a satellite phone hire over the Christmas break. They had very good communication, provided detailed instructions and made for easy delivery. Thanks again, I would highly recommend this service. Cheers!
We use EPIRBhire regularly for our Outdoor Education programs. They are always helpful, understand the needs of OE programs and their equipment is always up to date and works well. If you need to hire any comms gear they should be your go to.
Great service. I've been requesting a sat phone for my trips to PNG on quite short notice and they went above and beyond to accommodate me. Would definitely recommend them
super fast service and very helpful. I was a first time sat phone purchaser and you made it really easy. Thanks Anna.